This post is brought to you by Scott Carruth, Director of Customer Success at Salesforce.com. Scott is a multi-year veteran of Dreamforce and recently presented these slides at the Austin Salesforce.com User Group meeting. You can find Scott on Twitter (@carruthjs) or on LinkedIn.
Highlights from the SFDC Austin User Group session
- The Dreamforce Plaza is spread out around the Moscone Center. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to walk between sessions.
- The SF Fire Marshall shut down attendance to the Metallica concert at last year’s Dreamforce. This year’s concert with the Red Hot Chili Peppers will not have that problem. Again, get there early for a good spot!
- The Dreamforce Agenda Builder is live. If you have not created your schedule, go and do it now! With attendance projected at 70,000 attendees, the 650+ sessions will fill up quick.
- Make sure and reserve a spot at the product centric keynotes (Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Chatter, etc…)
- 42% of attendees are at the Director level or above. Make sure and bring plenty of business cards
Tips from a Dreamforce Veteran
Prior to Dreamforce
- Write down questions you want to get answered
- Use Agenda Builder to register for sessions
- Identify Partners in the Cloud Expo you would like to visit
- Charge your phone prior (low signal strength)
- Get to Sessions and Keynotes Early. It’s really crowded!!
- Talk to as many other customers as possible
- Make a “To do when I get back” List
- Split up
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Become a Hero!
- Share your experiences with your team via Chatter
- Encourage your teams to view the online keynotes
At the end of the day, make sure and have fun! Dreamforce is the only event like it in the world.